Course code: RDT-A001 (download)
IES VE 2 days Basic training program
(Duration: 2 Days 9am to 5pm)
This is a 2 days special basic training course in IES VE software. We will teach you simulation techniques and methods to enable more sustainable design practices using the enhanced features of VE software. Attendees of the course will receive 60 days trial IES license to practice & get hands-on experience. This is the certificate course, after successfully completing the course attendee will get the certificate from IES
Part 1: Basic introduction to building energy modeling and simulation
- Participants will get a clear idea about what is building energy modeling and its purpose in our industry?
- Simulation and tools used for the same
Part 2: VE software Interface and introduction to different modules in software
- A brief introduction to the software interface, tools for creating, editing geometry with some important shortcuts for fast modeling.
- A quick introduction to all the different types of modules available within the software for different types of analysis.
Part 3: ModelIT, SunCast, Solar exposure & FlucsDL
- ModelIT tool, in this module we can see different techniques used to model 3D thermal geometry of the building
- SunCast, in this module we can calculate the position of the sun in the sky, track solar penetration throughout the building interior and calculate shadows of different design elements such as vertical & horizontal fins, pergolas, adjacent buildings etc.
- Solar exposure study for our building geometry can be analyzed for any specific time throughout the year
- FlucsDL, in order to determine daylight levels in any specific room or group of rooms we can use this systematic point-by-point daylight analysis tool.
Part 4: LightPro, FlucsPro, RadianceIES & MacroFlo
- LightPro, in this module we will see how to select luminaires from software existing database and place that in any selected room in our 3D building geometry
- FlucsPro, using this module we can estimate the number of luminaires required in a particular room by performing lighting design calculation
- RadianceIES, this is detailed 3D simulation tool designed to predict daylight and the appearance of internal spaces prior to construction
- MacroFlo, using this we can perform natural ventilation study and simulate airflow driven by wind pressure and buoyancy forces using a fast multi-zone thermo-fluid solver
Part 5: ApacheSim & ApacheHVAC
- ApacheSim, in this module we can create and assign all thermal properties to the building for various different elements such as constructions, thermal templates, internal gains, profiles etc.
- Introduction to ApacheHVAC, this is the module used for detailed HVAC system creation and analysis. We can see an introduction to the user interface of this module, waterside and airside components settings and typical HVAC system setup.